Respect - Precision - Continuous improvement - Involvement. Our values creates the foundation for “the Elkem way” – the way we do business in Elkem.
We respect the law, the environment, our employees, colleagues, customers, suppliers, owners, the society, local communities and cultures
Respect is about
- Being fair
- Trusting your colleague
- Being open and direct
- Appreciating diversity
We have an ability to develop and follow standards for best practice and operations excellence. By establishing a target standard for work practices and conditions, we can measure and therefore continuously improve them.
- Commitment to standards
- Competent, standardised problem solving
We know that the value chain can always be improved. By experimenting, by implementing new solutions, and by continuously eliminating waste.
Continuous improvement means
- Always looking for improvement potential
- Leaving no place for complacency
- Keeping a humble and open mind – willingness to learn
- Your competence is valuable – share it with your colleagues
We know that only people identify problems and opportunities and find solutions to them. Involvement commits people.
Being involved means
- Remembering that people are the experts
- Being committed to teamwork – willingness to share
- Dependence on one another and mutual trust
- Support to grow – acceptance of failure