- About Elkem
- Our plants and locations
- Our Worldwide Presence
- Elkem Silicones France - ATRiON Research & Innovation Centre
Elkem Silicones France - ATRiON Research & Innovation Center
Elkem is one of the world’s leading providers of advanced material solutions shaping a better and more sustainable future.
At Elkem Silicones through innovation, we go beyond megatrends and provide society, our customers and the markets with new sustainable, circular solutions.
On July 1st 2021, Elkem Silicones announced the opening of ATRiON, its new Research and Innovation center in Lyon - France. Short for “atrium and innovation”, ATRiON fosters collaborative and agile research work, reflecting the evolution of research towards more open, more multidisciplinary formats.
Offering a 7,000 m2 dedicated to innovation:
- to showcase our capabilities for customers and shareholders,
- to foster interactions within our teams including digital tools for connecting collaborators located outside of France,
- to leverage open innovation with academics, start-ups and partner.
This unique location is a key lever to deliver your potential.
Elkem Silicones has been innovating in the silicone industry for over 65 years. Specialty silicones technologies range from:
A few figures
- >120 scientists work in ATRiON- Lyon.
- 30 additional scientists in Saint Fons plant and Axel One facilities also dedicated to Research & Innovation mainly for process and scale up activities
- 13 global R&I application centers
- >350 global Researchers in Elkem Silicones
- See also innovation in Elkem group
ATRiON R&I center is located in Saint-Fons in Lyon’s Chemical Valley, France.
ATRiON Research and Innovation
9 rue Specia
69190 Saint-Fons, France