Elkem Anode Graphite
Elkem's battery materials project Northern Recharge aim to make batteries greener. Because of clean hydro power and highly skilled people, our battery materials have a 90% lower CO₂ footprint.
At Elkem, we have developed advanced process technology and materials for over a century. With access to clean hydro power and highly skilled people, Elkem is ready to deliver your potential into a new century of sustainable energy and transport.
- High-end synthetic anode graphite for the most demanding applications.
- Competitive and sustainable hydro power based production.
- Reliable supplier with strategic location in Europe.
- Your development partner with strong competence in carbon and silicon materials and lithium-ion batteries.
- In our in-house lab and pilot plant we will tailor-make products to your specifications.
Our portfolio of high-end synthetic graphite products include:
- High energy products for EV application with capacity of 360 mAh/g and high electrode density
- Products with balanced performance for energy and charge capability
- Products for fast charge
Contact us for product data sheets
Northern Recharge - Elkem's battery materials project:
Based on conclusions from a pilot plant for battery graphite in Kristiansand, Norway, Elkem will evaluate the basis for competitive industrial production with its Northern Recharge project. The project has now selected Herøya Industrial Park, one of the biggest industrial parks in Norway, as the site for a potential large-scale plant.
Learn about the fast-growing battery market and our battery solutions
With the rapid development in electrification of the transport sector and the increasing need for energy storage systems, the demand of batteries is surging. A key component of these batteries is the anode, where graphite plays the most important role today, but silicon has a bright future.