EMEA Transportation, Logistic & Warehousing Manager (F/H)
We are looking for our :
EMEA Transportation Logistic & Warehousing Manager (F/H)
Overall responsabilities :
Manage & continuously improve the EMEA SC Logistics which includes Transports and storage on outside platforms (3PL) for flows distribution flows within, in and out of EMEA. The incumbent will ensure proper & optimized setup of the distribution flows to the customers (or subsidiaries), the flows between the internal & external storage locations and the ones from the suppliers (or subsidiaries) by ensuring:
- To respect safety rules (for DG in particular), lead times, quality & quantity
- To meet customer requirements
To respect regulations especially in transportation (ADR,…) & customs.
Main tasks :
- Drive the implementation and ongoing safe/cost effective operations of all European logistics activities, including road transportation, warehousing services, sea freight and where necessary air freight
- Work with Purchasing to negotiate contracts with all European logistics service providers thereby ensuring a continually competitive logistics cost and service base across the European network.
- Define and implement logistics projects (Ne distribution warehouse, EDI, TMS…) targeting best practice safety and cost optimization whilst supporting business stated customer service targets, strategic initiatives and inventory requirements.
- Drive the optimization of tariffs and more generically Customs via Free Trade Agreements, Most Favored Nation agreements, global harmonized tariff codes, etc.
- Act as the European Business Process Owner for Transportation, Warehousing & customs
- Support the plants within EMEA for Transportation, Warehousing & customs subjects and ensure coordination for transversal projects.
“Master’s degree” with a specialization in Supply Chain or equivalent knowledge acquired on the job (or equivalent)
Experience 10 years in a middle management position of a multi-national, industrial or consumer products company with responsibility for Freight Management and Logistics.
Experience with networked plants and multiple product lines are preferred.
Advanced knowledge in SAP, TMS, MS Office
Personal skills / behaviour requirements:
Accountability & Responsibility
- knowledge & understanding of EMEA plant’s transversal processes
- project management skills
Impact & Influence
- understanding of Physical flows/ Warehouse management/Transports
- knowledge of an effective horizontal and vertical communication throughout the organization
- influencing without direct leadership
Translating customer’s requirements effectively into operations and effectively manage customer’s expectations
Ethical & Values
English (fluent), other language(s) advantageous
- Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: CDI
- Working hours:
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 30.05.2022
- Location: Lyon, France