EMEA Upstream Technology Manager (F/H)
Elkem is one of the world’s leading providers of advanced material solutions shaping a better and more sustainable future.
The company develops silicones, silicon products and carbon solutions by combining natural raw materials, renewable energy and human ingenuity.
Elkem helps its customers create and improve essential innovations like electric mobility, digital communications, health and personal care, and smart and sustainable cities.
With a strong track record of operational excellence and continuous improvement since 1904, Elkem’s global team of more than 6,800 people has a joint commitment to stakeholders: Delivering your potential.
Elkem is develops its business in support of the ambitions of the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris agreement. In 2020, Elkem was rated “Gold” on sustainability by EcoVadis and among the world’s top 5% on climate transparency and action by CDP.
We are looking for our :
EMEA Upstream Technology Manager (F/H)
Report to Global Upstream Technology Director, your overall responsabilities are :
- The incumbent is a key Upstream organic silicon technologist responsible for developing technical and operational excellence across the EMEA Upstream supply chain and contribute to the global ESD Upstream supply chain.
- The incumbent should have a thorough understanding of all facts of Upstream organic silicon technology including process technology development, process optimization, and capital project planning and execution. The incumbent should create and maintain the necessary interfaces with key stakeholders in Upstream Operations at Xinghuo and Roussillon as well as the broader technical community within ESD and Elkem.
- In this position, the incumbent provides technical leadership for the development of EMEA Upstream Organic Silicon Process Technology and Site Operations to attain industry Best-in-Class performance:
- Process efficiency and annual production rate equivalent
- Raw material conversion (to product) efficiency
- Product quality and consistency
- New technology development and continuous improvement
- Environmental and Safety performance metrics
- The incumbent is the technical contact person in strategic discussions with EMEA upstream suppliers and customers. Then develops and supervises technical programs (Continuous Improvement and projects) to achieve the Upstream EMEA objectives in EMEA upstream (Roussillon, Saint Fons cracking and cyclics distillation) for yields, capacity, EHS and intermediate quality improvements.
- Aligned with the global ESD CapEx planning process, the incumbent is responsible for the EMEA Upstream Technology related CAPEX process (planning, executing) within the budget and aligned with the EMEA Operations team and the Global Upstream Technology organization.
- Manages the upstream Technology team in EMEA as part of the global upstream technology organization.
- Aligned with the global ESD procedures, the incumbent is responsible for the EMEA Upstream Technology related OPEX process (planning, executing) maintaining spending within the budget and directions defined with the EMEA Operations team, the Global Upstream Technology organization and ESD Operations organization.
- Support and encourage the technical knowledge and process technology exchange as part of the Global Upstream Technology leadership. Facilitate and assist with the planning and execution of Global Technology Conferences and represent the EMEA perimeter in such forums.
In this context, your main tasks are :
- Participates in development of the mid and long-term objectives in the strategic roadmap for Upstream Technology globally and for the EMEA region (profitable growth).
- Coordinates development of supporting objectives among the EMEA Upstream Technology team which are aligned to the mid and long-term objectives and periodically checks status and progress.
- Ensures team management and development in the EMEA Upstream Technology organization and integrates efforts with the EMEA operations situation (current, future) and the global technology situation (current, future). Actively participates in the EMEA operations key personnel mobility and critical position discussions.
- Develops a portfolio of projects (operating improvements, digitalization projects, raw material conversion increase, product quality improvement and process technology development) in conjunction with global Upstream Technology and ESD Operations. Aligns and engages with Operations, R&I, engineering and external resources to define and deliver improvements to maximize the cost effectiveness of EMEA and Global Upstream Operations.
- Encourages and ensures full application of EBS methodology and statistical analysis tools, such as Minitab at all levels of the EMEA Upstream Technology team and in all projects.
- Mentors members of the EMEA Upstream Technology organization and develops individual capability in process technology optimization, project management and process engineering.
Master’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Science (or equivalent) with min 5 – 10 years’ experience in a Technology / R&D / Project Management environment.
- Comfortable to work in an international, multi- cultural environment
- Project engineering / management experience on projects with value > 5 MEuro
- Solid and demonstrated capabilities in Continuous Improvement of process technology
- English & French (fluent in speaking & writing), additional languages advantageous
Personal skills / behaviour requirements:
- Accountability & Responsibility
- Impact & Influence
- Process standardization and deployment of processes across the EMEA Upstream Technology community
- Developing, mentoring & Coaching others
- Establishing a functioning work environment / knowledge exchange on a global base
- Advanced, agile communication style across all levels in the organization
- Change Management
- Process design / optimization, standardization and deployment into ESD Upstream Technology organization
- Customer Orientation
- Advanced communications skills across the organization
- Ethics & Values
- Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: Long term contract
- Working hours:
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 14.07.2022
- Location: EMEA