Mexico, Sales Representative 2020-Mexico-SR
We are currently establishing a sales operation in Mexico and are seeking a Sales Representatives to support and develop our Mexican territory. Based on our growth and business needs, it could be possible for there to be some travel and sales support in Central America as well. The successful candidate will live in or around the Mexico City area and will have responsibility for territory management focused on the sale of silicones across a wide range of markets including sealing and bonding, construction, automotive, rubber/custom compounding, silicone fluids and more. We are seeking experienced business to business (B2B) sales representatives with experience in Silicones or the Chemical Industry.
The primary purpose of this role will be driving sales growth within the territory which includes the development of new customers as well as managing existing accounts. This includes prospecting, cold calling, selling solutions, providing basic technical support and building and developing relationships that will allow us to be a part of our customer’s next generation planning processes.
A key aspect of the position is coordinating internal resources through the use of influence skills to drive leads, opportunities, and projects to successful sales. The successful candidate will be responsible for selling our silicone products. A high degree of interpersonal contact, internally and externally, as well as planning, analysis and proactive contact with customers is required. In this position it is critical that customer satisfaction is paramount and that growth opportunities are realized and closed. Establishing successful relationships through face to face contact will be vital to understand customer needs and maintain solid relationships and continue to grow market share.
We are pleased to offer a comprehensive orientation process and training on Elkem Silicones’ products, sales methodology and processes as well as a competitive benefits package to the selected candidate.
- College Degree in a technical field (such as chemical, mechanical, electrical engineering or chemistry) or business preferred or equivalent relevant experience.
- Approximately 5-7 years of specialty chemical, technical, or industrial B2B sales experience is required; experience in silicones and relevant markets and application areas is a plus.
- Must be bi-lingual Spanish-English to be able to communicate effectively with support located in other countries and to participate in internal training and development.
- Prospecting/hunting, technical sales, closing new business and/or having technical service experience supporting specialty chemical sales is desired. Experience with silicones is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of personnel within and outside the company, both domestically and internationally, to enable effective internal as well as external work relationships.
- Able to build customer loyalty and confidence using a progressive approach to exceed customer needs. Candidate must have proven experience working with customer teams, collaborating cross functionally and leading sales to close.
- Must have an inquisitive nature, motivated by problem solving in order to deliver customer needs and identify new business opportunities.
- Able to motivate others and be self-motivated to handle difficult and challenging customer situations.
- Must have effective presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate business acumen, planning and analysis skills.
- Proven skills in systems and PC applications including experience with analytical tools. Proficient in Excel, Power-Point, CRM and database querying tools.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and coordinating resources to drive successful projects.
- Must show initiative and ability to work with general guidance to keep projects on target. Ability to work efficiently, set priorities, and handle multiple priorities.
- Strong organizational skills and a proven ability to manage reporting and other administrative requirements of position.
- Ability to compile and analyze data and troubleshoot to assist with problem resolution regarding forecasts.
- Understanding of financial and credit principles.
- Travel required, primarily by car and plane with a mix of day and overnight trips based on territory (up to 75%).
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: Sales
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 31.10.2021
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico