Global Logistics Manager
As the global logistics manager, you will work for your functional area to promote strategic development of Elkem Silicones, which supports the global product lines and regional sales and marketing teams, under the goal of improving supply chain operation efficiency, fully utilize and synergizing production capacity, integrating business management, and consistently reducing operating cost.
Most important areas of responsibility:
- Expertise and leadership to drive world-wide logistics strategy with successful impact to business operating model.
- Responsible for building and developing strategy for logistics network optimization/transformation based on knowledge of Logistics Operations, LSP agreements, benchmarking to best practices, and industry trends.
- Execute a global logistics network design study, access current and long-term needs, and build out future roadmap
- Responsible for managing strategic projects and major programs that benefit or impact the broader logistics strategy
- Build a Global Logistics Centre of Excellence to support large, international moves balancing quality, cost, and speed
TACTICAL and OPERATIONAL
- Build strong internal and external partnership relationships, define, and measure capabilities, drive efficiencies, and improve performance with key suppliers
- Develop standard operating procedures and scheduling/shipping practices for efficiently carrying out logistics activities
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction, material flow improvement, and business development
- Negotiate sea and air freight quotes with carriers, consolidate vendors to reach global cost efficiency and effectiveness
- Inform cost changes, shipment issues, supply concerns to regional team in timely manner.
- Coordinate with regional SC teams to identify and eliminate logistics obstacles to ensure safe and timely shipping of products
- Create and maintain detailed financial reporting on key logistic activities including order management, logistics and shipping.
- Access global trade compliance practices and ensure import / export regulations are being administered.
- Identify and assess supply chain systems, technology, and industry best practices to simplify, improve productivity, and enable predictivity of logistics planning & operations.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with supply chain, business analysis background
- Proven leadership and supply chain experience
- Experience from international companies, silicones business / Chemicals business experience is a plus
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Strong knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Agent to drive forth improvement according to Elkem Business System – Plan-Do-Check-Act methodology
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
- Self-driven and motivated to build compliance culture
- Language: English (fluent and written)
- Region: Asia Pacific
- Division: Silicones
- Job type:
- Working hours:
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 30.03.2023
- Location: Flexible, all ESD entity location is acceptable