The R&D department in Elkem Carbon is looking for a result-oriented professional with good team player abilities, who enjoys solving scientific challenges combined with practical customer driven development.
The R&D department consists of a team of 9 persons. In our effort towards a more sustainable future, the department carries out development projects within product development, raw materials, technical customer support and research.
Areas of responsibility:
- Partake in initiation, planning, and organizing of development projects
- Project management and execution in cooperation with customers internally and externally in Norway and abroad
- Dissemination and implementation of project results
- Projects within product development, raw materials, technical customer support and research
- Technical customer support where advanced resources are required
- Support continuous improvement based on development activities
Qualifications required for the position:
- PhD degree within material science, metallurgy, inorganic chemistry, or related field
- Advanced understanding of Metallurgical Carbon applications with respect to raw materials, products and processes is preferred
- Experience from product development and project management
- Good abilities regarding statistical tools and modeling
- Strong communication skills and customer orientation
- Ability to provide precise and efficient deliveries
- Fluent in English
The position reports to the R&D-director of Elkem Carbon.