We have a great opportunity in Norway to lead and develop our specialty carbon paste segment. The successful candidate will lead and develop the global sales to customers in the aluminium-sector and develop new business for the ferroalloy segment.
A high degree of interpersonal contact, internally and externally, as well as planning, analysis and proactive contact with customers is required. In this position, it is critical that customer satisfaction is paramount and that growth opportunities are realized and closed. Establishing strong relationships in order to understand customer needs is critical. The position requires a substantial amount of international travelling.
Areas of responsibility
- The business area includes:
- Carbon cathode ramming pastes used in the electrolysis pots/cells for the production of primary aluminium
- Specialty carbon pastes which are used in the lining, tap hole and launders of ferro-alloy and silicon furnaces
- Negotiate price and terms with existing customers
- Manage the product portfolio. Recommend the nature of present and future products based on an in-depth understanding of customer's needs and technology development
- Cooperation with technical service and R&D in the division and process engineer at the plant
- Develop marketing material and value propositions
Qualifications required for the position
- Bachelor/Master Degree - technical or business
- Background from the primary aluminium industry or the metallurgical smelting industry is an advantage
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of relevant experience from international sales, technical sales or B2B marketing or similar
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with all levels of personnel within and outside the company, in an international setting
- Initiative, drive and ability to work independently will be emphasized
- Effective presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Ability and motivation to handle difficult and challenging customer situations
- Open-minded and motivated by problem solving
The position reports to VP Marketing & Sales, Elkem Carbon AS.