Senior EHS Advisor-East Asia
Job Purpose :
- Act as a champion to improve EHS performance with special weight on occupational safety at Elkem’s production sites in East Asia (main countries of focus are China and South Korea).
- Secure consistent deployment of Elkem’s EHS management system (FOKUS) and corporate EHS standards and rules across sites and production units in East Asia
- Ensure Elkem’s training materials and EHS standards are available in local languages across East Asia and are readily available for Elkem employees.
- Routinely visit Elkem sites in East Asia to coach management and EHS resources in EHS best practices, to audit and follow-up EHS performance, and to participate in improvement projects and investigations when needed.
- Work closely with the rest of the corporate EHS team to further develop Elkem’s EHS management system, standards and training tools while ensuring they cover EHS legislation in East Asian countries.
- Interface between Elkem plants in China and majority owners in China (ChemChina/Bluestar) to avoid double reporting and misunderstandings.
Job Description :
- 60% Visit and work together with East Asian Elkem sites
- Coaching and training of site EHS resources and site management teams in EHS issues
- Auditing of sites for compliance with corporate and public standards and rules.
- Participation in investigations when needed
- Participation in projects and improvement work on site
- Help sites with reporting systems to ensure efficient reporting
- 30% Development, translation and implementation
- Participate together with the corporate EHS team in the development of EHS standards, tools and training materials, and ensure that these are available in applicable East Asian languages.
- Ensure East Asian sites are informed about changes and help them implement changes in own organization.
- 10%: EHS knowledge base for East Asia
- Maintain a good understanding of changing regulations in applicable East Asian countries and ensure information about these to Elkem employees who need this type of information
- Bachelor or above degree on EHS or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years of industrial experience in the chemical or metallurgical industry. Long experience as an EHS professional can compensate for lack of a formal degree.
- EHS coaching and training experience in an industrial setting
- Expert in occupational safety and a good understanding of applicable occupation health and environmental issues.
- Good communication, coaching, auditing and training skills,
- Ability to communicate well in both Chinese and English languages.
- Ability to coach people at different levels of the organization from site manager to floor worker.
- Travel required to visit Elkem sites in East Asia routinely
- Experience working in a functional and geographic matrix environment. Ability to work with diverse cultures.
- Region: Asia Pacific
- Division: Silicones
- Job type:
- Working hours:
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 30.03.2021
- Location: China-Shanghai