Elkem Silicon Materials is currently looking for a new Technical Support Engineer to our Technical Customer Support department in Trondheim. The department has 6 employees and is responsible for technical support for customers, product development and R&D activities. In addition, the department has lab facilities for development and evaluation of products. You will to a large extent be involved in technical dialog with customers and personnel at our production facilities and research groups. The position requires international, as well as domestic, travelling.
Areas of responsibility:
- Technical support for existing and new customers within defined product segments
- Development of existing and new products
- Systematic development of new markets and customers
- Maintain and develop our customer value management system
- Support plants and business directors in finding best solution for our customers
Qualifications required for the position:
- Master of Science in a technical field or Bachelor degree with extensive experience
- Experience from product development projects would be an advantage
- Commercial understanding
- Good cooperation skills
- Structured and analytical
- Fluent in English and preferably fluent in Norwegian
The position reports to Head of Technical Support.