US, Camarillo, CA Technical Service Representative, Healthcare 2021-26
There is currently an opening for a Technical Service Representative for Healthcare, in Camarillo, CA.
Successful candidates will be motivated by delivering technical solutions and providing support to our current and potential customers. It is an exciting position that allows you to be hands on in the lab and customer interfacing. If you think this is a position you may be interested in, we look forward to hearing from you.
The incumbent in this position will provide technical support for our healthcare business. Key markets for this technology include medical devices, wound & scar care, orthotics & prosthetics, dental, etc. The incumbent will interact with current and potential customers to address market needs, lead internal investigations and external trials, and identify new opportunities for business growth working with our Marketing and Sales team. Additional responsibilities include conducting laboratory experiments, evaluations and analyses, initiating and executing short term development projects, and adhering to company safety practices and policies. The position will provide regular opportunities to interact with other functions of the organization.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry, Polymers or Material Science required. Related chemical experience with a focus on silicone technology is preferred.
- At least 7-10 years of prior work experience working with elastomers, thermoplastics or rubber in the medical device/healthcare markets.
- Must be able to run tests, collect data and communicate research results.
- Fabricating techniques such as molding, extrusion and 3D printing experience desirable.
- Creative, positive attitude, with ability to participate and lead interdisciplinary teams.
- Manage multiple tasks/projects concurrently.
- Good written, oral and listening communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to use these skills to develop working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Software applications.
- Awareness of basic Regulatory affairs related to business applications.
- Available for travel up to 40%.
Elkem will conduct a post-offer background check to confirm the information provided by candidates during the recruitment process. Additionally, a post-offer physical, including a substance screening, is required. Relevant candidates will be informed of this if it applies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disabled and if you are an individual with a disability, who requires an accommodation, please contact us.
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: Research & Innovation
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 31.03.2022
- Location: Camarillo, CA