US, Home Office, Sales Manager (2023-32)
We are seeking a candidate who is seeking to grow and develop as a leader and who has demonstrated leadership skills, either in a direct leadership role or in indirect leadership roles (i.e. team lead role, project lead role, mentor, etc.) and who has positive sales experience, showing growth and strong customer relationship skills.
The candidate for this position will be responsible for selling silicone technology products to manufacturers in a wide variety of industries such as automotive, consumer goods, healthcare, electrical industry, personal care, and others. A high degree of interpersonal contact, internally and externally, as well as planning, analysis and proactive contact with customers is required. In this position, it is critical that customer satisfaction is exceeded and that growth opportunities are realized and closed. Establishing successful relationships through face-to-face contact will be vital to understand customer needs and maintain solid relationships and continue to grow market share.
In this role, the sales manager will have management responsibility for a team of sales representatives in the US and Brazil. Prior successful leadership experience leading, coordinating, and developing/mentoring others is preferred as well as a proven record of driving successful sales results, growth and new share gain.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business preferred or equivalent relevant experience. Degree in chemistry or engineering helpful.
- 3-5 years of management or indirect leadership experience is desired as well as customer service-related experience in sales or a business environment.
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment preferred.
- Proven record of individual and/or team successes in sales growth.
- Chemical Industry manufacturing experience strongly desired, along with a proven track record demonstrating the ability to grow sales and expand customer base via lead qualification, maintenance visits, etc.
- Proficiency with negotiations and sales contracts.
- Inquisitive nature, motivated by problem solving to support customer needs and identify new business opportunities. Technical aptitude helpful.
- Ability to work efficiently, set priorities, and handle multiple tasks at once.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels within and outside the company, both domestically and internationally. Able to build customer loyalty and confidence using a progressive approach to exceeding customer needs.
- Effective presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of financial and credit principles.
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Proven ability to manage and analyze data reporting for forecasting.
- Proven skills in systems and PC applications including experience with analytical tools. Proficient in Excel, Power-Point, and database querying tools.
- Travel required mainly within the US, but also in Brazil (up to 40-50% total travel).
Elkem will conduct a post-offer background check to confirm the information provided by candidates during the recruitment process. Additionally, a post-offer physical, including a substance screening, is required. Relevant candidates will be informed of this if it applies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disabled and if you are an individual with a disability, who requires an accommodation, please contact us.
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: Sales
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 31.03.2024
- Location: Home Office