US, Midwest Sales Representative (2022-36)
We are currently looking for a Sales Representative to support and continue to develop a high-volume territory in the Midwest with a focus on silicone fluids, across multiple end use markets, to drive new and expand existing sales opportunities.
Successful candidates will work with external and internal customers to deliver solutions with the personal touch. Are you a self-driven individual, who is solution oriented with extensive prior sales experience in chemicals or manufacturing calling on customers in vertically tiered markets? If so, we want to hear from you!
The primary purpose of this role will be overall territory growth and management, which includes the development of new customers, as well as managing assigned existing accounts. A key aspect of the position is coordinating internal resources to drive projects to successful sales. The successful candidate will be responsible for selling specialty chemicals; experience in this area is desired and experience with silicones is a plus. A high degree of interpersonal contact, internally and externally, as well as planning, analysis and proactive contact with customers is required. In this position it is critical that customer satisfaction is paramount and that growth opportunities are realized and closed. Establishing successful relationships through face-to-face contact will be vital in order to understand customer needs and maintain solid relationships and continue to grow market share.
We are pleased to offer a comprehensive orientation process and training on Elkem Silicones’ products and processes as well as a competitive benefits package to the selected candidate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field (such as chemical, mechanical, electrical engineering or chemistry) or business preferred or equivalent relevant experience.
- Approximately 3+ years of specialty chemical, technical, or industrial sales experience in relevant markets and application areas.
- Prospecting, closing new business and/or technical service experience supporting specialty chemical or technical sales.
- Experience selling through long sales cycles, especially qualification of specialty materials to manufacturers.
- Experience negotiating multi-year supply agreements is desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of personnel within and outside the company, both domestically and internationally, to enable effective internal as well as external work relationships. Able to build customer loyalty and confidence using a progressive approach to exceeding customer needs. Candidate must work well with customer teams.
- Inquisitive nature motivated by problem solving in order to identify customer needs and new business opportunities.
- Ability and motivation to handle difficult and challenging customer situations.
- Effective presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Business acumen, planning and analysis skills.
- Proven skills in systems and PC applications including experience with analytical tools. Proficient in Excel, Power-Point, CRM and database querying tools.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and coordinating resources to drive successful projects.
- Ability to work efficiently, set priorities, and handle multiple tasks at once.
- Understanding of financial and credit principles.
- Travel required up to 50%
Elkem will conduct a post-offer background check to confirm the information provided by candidates during the recruitment process. Additionally, a post-offer physical, including a substance screening, is required. Relevant candidates will be informed of this if it applies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disabled and if you are an individual with a disability, who requires an accommodation, please contact us.
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: Sales
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 31.12.2022
- Location: Las Vegas, NV or Dallas, TX