US, West Coast Sales Representative (2022-38)
We are currently looking for a Sales Representative to identify and capture new customers located in the Western US with additional responsibilities to expand sales and manage daily requirements of existing customers. The successful candidate will live in California and will have responsibility for the Personal Care Market.
Successful candidates will work with external and internal customers to deliver solutions with the personal touch. Are you a self-driven individual, who is solution oriented with prior sales experience in chemicals or manufacturing? If so, we want to hear from you!
The primary purpose of this role will be seeking out new customers and business in the Personal Care Market and overall management of assigned customers, which includes the development of new opportunities within assigned customers. A key aspect of the position is coordinating internal resources to drive projects to successful sales. The successful candidate will be responsible for selling specialty chemicals; experience in this area is desired and experience with silicones is a plus. A high degree of interpersonal contact, internally and externally, as well as planning, analysis and proactive contact with customers is required. In this position it is critical that customer satisfaction is paramount and that growth opportunities are realized and closed. Establishing successful relationships through face-to-face contact will be vital in order to understand customer needs and maintain solid relationships and continue to grow market share.
We are pleased to offer a comprehensive orientation process and training on Elkem Silicones’ products and processes as well as a competitive benefits package to the selected candidate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field (such as chemical, mechanical, electrical engineering or chemistry) or business preferred or equivalent relevant experience.
- Approximately 5 plus years of specialty chemical, technical, or industrial sales experience in relevant markets and application areas.
- Proven ability and skill to develop, support and manage large manufacturing accounts
- Prospecting, closing new business and/or technical service experience supporting specialty chemical or technical sales.
- Experience selling through long sales cycles, especially qualification of specialty materials to manufacturers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of personnel within and outside the company, both domestically and internationally, to enable effective internal as well as external work relationships. Able to build customer loyalty and confidence using a progressive approach to exceeding customer needs. Candidate must work well with customer teams.
- Inquisitive nature motivated by problem solving in order to deliver customer needs and identify new business opportunities.
- Ability and motivation to handle difficult and challenging customer situations.
- Effective presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Business acumen, planning and analysis skills.
- Proven skills in systems and PC applications including experience with analytical tools. Proficient in Excel, Power-Point, CRM and database querying tools.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and coordinating resources to drive successful projects.
- Initiative and ability to work with general guidance to keep projects on target.
- Ability to compile and analyze data and troubleshoot to assist with problem resolution regarding forecasts.
- Understanding of financial and credit principles.
- Travel required up to 50%.
Elkem will conduct a post-offer background check to confirm the information provided by candidates during the recruitment process. Additionally, a post-offer physical, including a substance screening, is required. Relevant candidates will be informed of this if it applies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disabled and if you are an individual with a disability, who requires an accommodation, please contact us.
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: Sales
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 31.12.2022
- Location: West Coast, US