Us, York, SC AMS Master Data Coordinator
We have a new position created in response to the growth of our business for AMS Master Data Coordinator. In this role, the incumbent will have the important responsibility as the Americas (AMS) owner of our master data processes.
This position takes the ownership of America’s (AMS) region master data processes. This role will implement practices that are defined by the company in order to meet our continual improvement goals, to speed up the implementation in SAP of new products, and to ensure the quality of data flows between locations in the AMS.
When focused on master data coordination, he/she will Initiate and implement changes in master data management and processes in AMS. This includes such activities as the following:
- Ensure the monitoring, quality of data and continuous improvement of material creation and master data management for AMS, or for new flows between zones.
- Manage process of product creation and provide support to the local key users and IT expert. Ensures the good implementation of new process within the master data community in AMS, providing training when necessary.
- Analyze ongoing process in order to identify issues, weaknesses and proposes improvement. In case of issue or urgency, will analyse the situation and activate all actors with high reactivity and efficiency.
- Alert and push relevant people when needed (decision /arbitration / …)
- Be the key point of contact for trading flow set-up.
- Assure the good coordination in AMS between function / data responsible.
- Be the backup of some tasks in Global master data department, even outside AMS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Logistics, Shipping or related areas or at least 5 years of related experience
- Working knowledge of manufacturing (chemical, food, pharma) industry processes (SC, Production, …) Chemical industry experience preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with regular interface with operations teams
- Experience with master data management in SAP
- In depth functional knowledge of SAP in most parts: MM, PP, QM, PU
- Preferably, having been working with master data management for 3-5 years, using SAP with relevant insight
- Understanding of global flows of material
- Computer skills: Office 365, SAP Master data strongly preferred
- Ability to travel ~5% domestically or internationally
Personal skills / behavioral requirements:
- Have an analytical mind-set, enabling you to connect users, data and business processes
- Customer oriented approach with good understanding of the business
- Possess personal drive with an urge for improvement
- Influence skills
- Strong team player and change agent
- Good cooperation and communication skills at all levels in the organisation
- Autonomous to take decision
- Results oriented
Elkem will conduct a post-offer background check to confirm the information provided by candidates during the recruitment process. Additionally, a post-offer physical, including a substance screening, is required. Relevant candidates will be informed of this if it applies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disabled and if you are an individual with a disability, who requires an accommodation, please contact us.
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: Quality
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 30.09.2022
- Location: York, SC