US, York, SC Chemical Operator 2021-CO
We are seeking energetic, self-motivated candidates to join us and help realize our strategic and ambitious growth plans. If you believe you have what it takes to be part of our success, we want to hear from you!
The key responsibilities of this position are to prepare and monitor batches using various types of mixing equipment, focusing on safety, quality and productivity. This position is also responsible for packaging product and performing related chemical manufacturing duties. Incumbent is expected to participate in plant safety activities and ensure compliance with ISO-9001-2000 and other quality requirements that be applicable to the site.
- 2 – 5 years of prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Ability to understand written and oral instructions and to perform basic math operations pertinent to the job.
- Ability to work any of 3 shifts with the possibility of rotating shifts.
- Ability and willingness to be cross-trained in multiple manufacturing departments is essential.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and to stand for the majority of the shift.
- PC skills are required.
- Ability to speak and write independently in order to complete required paperwork and interact with team.
- Focus on safety and process improvement.
- General math skills.
- Basic mechanical skills.
- Good reading skills.
- Willingness and ability to operate a forklift.
Join our team-oriented environment where work is more than a job and where we provide a great culture for our team. We offer a workplace that fosters involvement and opportunities to contribute beyond your immediate position. We also offer generous benefits which go beyond what we include below. Members of our team are provided with job specific onboarding and training upon and after hire to keep skills sharp and allow for personal development.
• Elkem Silicones offers competitive health and welfare benefits to include:
• Medical, Prescription, Dental: Generous cost sharing structure and the company funds initial annual costs.
• Life Insurance: Company pays for benefits worth 2 times base salary.
• Business Travel Accident: Company pays benefits worth 5 times base salary. Includes travel to and from work plus 72 hours pleasure after business travel!
• Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance – Company paid!
• Opportunity to purchase additional benefits:
o Additional life insurance for self, spouse or children
o Vision Coverage
o Flexible Spending for Health and Dependent Care
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Time Off: Accrue a “bank” of time to meet personal needs!
• Bereavement, Leaves of Absence, Jury Duty and more….
• On-site Fitness Center at our plant in York, SC
• Opportunity to participate on activity and safety committees
• Training and professional development support
• 401(k) – Elkem automatically contributes 5% of eligible earnings, regardless if you elect to contribute!
o Over 30 investment funds to choose from to meet individual needs!
o Employees choose to contribute on a pre-tax and/or post-tax basis.
o PLUS, Elkem Silicones makes a discretionary annual contribution based on prior year results. It’s deposited into your retirement fund giving you individual opportunity to decide how to invest it.
WE OFFER A COMPETITIVE OFFER PACKAGE INCLUDING AN ANNUAL BONUS PLAN FOR ALL TEAM MEMBERS
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
RECRUITER: Karen McCraw
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to NACareers@elkem.com and include the job position and code (Chemical Operator 2021-CO) in the subject line.
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: Manufacturing
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 31.03.2022
- Location: York, SC, US