US, York, SC Chemical Operator 2021-CO
We are seeking energetic, self-motivated candidates to join us and help realize our strategic and ambitious growth plans. If you believe you have what it takes to be part of our success, we want to hear from you!
The key responsibilities of this position are to prepare and monitor batches using various types of mixing equipment, focusing on safety, quality and productivity. This position is also responsible for packaging product and performing related chemical manufacturing duties. Incumbent is expected to participate in plant safety activities and ensure compliance with ISO-9001-2000 and other quality requirements that be applicable to the site.
- 2 – 5 years of prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Ability to understand written and oral instructions and to perform basic math operations pertinent to the job.
- Ability to work any of 3 shifts with the possibility of rotating shifts.
- Ability and willingness to be cross-trained in multiple manufacturing departments is essential.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and to stand for the majority of the shift.
- PC skills are required.
- Ability to speak and write independently in order to complete required paperwork and interact with team.
- Focus on safety and process improvement.
- General math skills.
- Basic mechanical skills.
- Good reading skills.
- Willingness and ability to operate a forklift.
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
RECRUITER: Karen McCraw
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to NACareers@elkem.com and include the job position and code (Chemical Operator 2021-CO) in the subject line.
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: Manufacturing
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 12.03.2021
- Location: York, SC, US