US, York, SC Chemical Operator (2022-CO)
There are currently openings for Chemical Operators in York, SC.
We are seeking energetic, self-motivated candidates to join us and help realize our strategic and ambitious growth plans. Our current Chemical Operators enjoy working with leaders who care about them and in a safe, clean and climate-controlled work environment! Most mention that our benefits (see below) are the best they have seen! If YOU would enjoy working at Elkem and you believe you have what it takes to be part of our success, we want to hear from you!
The key responsibilities of this position are to prepare and monitor batches using various types of mixing equipment, focusing on safety, quality and productivity. This position is also responsible for packaging product and performing related chemical manufacturing duties. Incumbent is expected to participate in plant safety activities and ensure compliance with ISO-9001-2000 and other quality requirements that be applicable to the site.
- 2 – 5 years of prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Ability to understand written and oral instructions and to perform basic math operations pertinent to the job.
- Ability to work any of 3 shifts with the possibility of rotating shifts.
- Ability and willingness to be cross-trained in multiple manufacturing departments is essential.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and to stand for the majority of the shift.
- PC skills are required.
- Ability to speak and write independently in order to complete required paperwork and interact with team.
- Focus on safety and process improvement.
- General math skills.
- Basic mechanical skills.
- Good reading skills.
- Willingness and ability to operate a forklift.
- Must be able to wear a respirator at times; facial hair must be short enough to satisfy this requirement. Click here to learn more: To Beard or not to Beard? That’s a good Question! | Blogs | CDC Or https://blogs.cdc.gov/niosh-science-blog/2017/11/02/noshave/
Elkem will conduct a post-offer background check to confirm the information provided by candidates during the recruitment process. Additionally, a post-offer physical, including a substance screening, is required. Relevant candidates will be informed of this if it applies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disabled and if you are an individual with a disability, who requires an accommodation, please contact us.
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: Production
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 31.12.2023
- Location: York, SC