US, York, SC Chemical Operator (2024-CO)
There is currently an opening for Chemical Operator in York, SC.
We are seeking energetic, self-motivated candidates to join us and help realize our strategic and ambitious growth plans. Our current Chemical Operators enjoy working with leaders who care about them and in a safe, clean and climate-controlled work environment! Most mention that our benefits (see below) are the best they have seen! If YOU would enjoy working at Elkem and you believe you have what it takes to be part of our success, we want to hear from you!
Elkem Silicones USA Corp. is York, SC Manufacturer of the year!
The key responsibilities of this position are to prepare and monitor batches using various types of mixing equipment, focusing on safety, quality and productivity. This position is also responsible for packaging product and performing related chemical manufacturing duties. Incumbent is expected to participate in plant safety activities and ensure compliance with ISO-9001-2000 and other quality requirements that are applicable to the site.
- 2 – 5 years of prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited source are required.
- Ability to understand written and oral instructions and to perform basic math operations pertinent to the job.
- Ability to work any of 3 shifts with the possibility of rotating shifts.
- Ability and willingness to be cross-trained and execute operations in multiple manufacturing departments is essential.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and to stand for the majority of the shift.
- PC skills are required.
- Ability to speak and write independently in order to complete required paperwork and interact with team.
- Focus on safety and process improvement.
- General math skills.
- Basic mechanical skills.
- Good reading skills.
- Willingness and ability to operate a forklift.
- Must be able to wear a respirator at times; facial hair must be short enough to satisfy this requirement. Click here to learn more: To Beard or not to Beard? That’s a good Question! | Blogs | CDC Or https://blogs.cdc.gov/niosh-science-blog/2017/11/02/noshave/
Elkem will conduct a post-offer background check to confirm the information provided by candidates during the recruitment process. Additionally, a post-offer physical, including a substance screening, is required. Relevant candidates will be informed of this if it applies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disabled and if you are an individual with a disability, who requires an accommodation, please contact us.
Note: We conduct background checks of candidates in our recruitment process.
Key Benefits for Employees of Elkem Silicones USA Corp.
- Competitive health and welfare benefits to include:
- As of FIRST day of employment! -- Medical, Prescription, Dental: Generous cost sharing structure and the company funds initial annual costs.
- Life Insurance: Company pays for benefits worth 2 times base salary.
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance – Company paid!
- Generous Paid Time Off accruals (starting at 3+ weeks/yr), company holidays, illness time and more
- 401(k) – Elkem automatically contributes 5% of eligible earnings, regardless if you elect to contribute!
- Discretionary annual profit-share contribution
- Shift differential for off-shifts & workshop differentials in key areas
- All employees are a part of an annual bonus plan!
- Clean, Climate-Controlled work environment
- Company-provided uniforms
About Elkem Silicones
Elkem Silicones has more than 4,200 employees dedicated to delivering your potential by providing you innovative silicone solutions with a personal touch. Elkem Silicones, a division of Elkem, is a global leader in fully integrated silicone manufacturing, operating 14 multi-functional manufacturing sites and 13 Research & Innovation centers around the globe. Elkem Silicones offers a full range of silicone technologies for diverse specialty markets including aerospace, automotive, construction, renewable energy, healthcare, paper coatings, personal care and textiles. Elkem Silicones is committed to create new, innovative and green solutions and business models that promote a sustainable future. www.elkem.com
About Elkem ASA
Elkem is one of the world’s leading providers of advanced material solutions shaping a better and more sustainable future. The company develops silicones, silicon products and carbon solutions by combining natural raw materials, renewable energy and human ingenuity. Elkem helps its customers create and improve essential innovations like electric mobility, digital communications, health and personal care as well as smarter and more sustainable cities. With a strong track record since 1904, its global team of more than 7,000 people has a joint commitment to stakeholders: Delivering your potential. In 2021, Elkem was rated among the world’s leading companies on climate, with a roadmap towards net zero emissions by 2050, and achieved an operating income of NOK 33.7 billion. Elkem is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange (ticker: ELK). www.elkem.com
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: Operations
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 31.12.2024
- Location: York, SC