US, York, SC Finance Director (2022-105)
We are currently looking for a Finance Director to lead our Americas Finance and IT functions.
Successful candidates will be motivated by a hands-on leadership role, working in a dynamic international environment to lead the North American and Brazilian finance teams as well as overseeing finance activity for business activity in Canada and Mexico.
The primary responsibility for this role is to plan and direct the finance and accounting operations and procedures for the North American entities, including having overall responsibility for general ledger accounting, cost accounting, plant controlling, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, tax compliance, treasury, credit and cash collection and corporate reporting. The Finance Director also assists leadership in decision-making processes and in carrying out the Company’s fiduciary responsibilities.
In addition to the finance responsibilities, this position has responsibility for providing oversight and leadership to the regional IS/IT function.
Our operations consist of two United States manufacturing locations, one tolling operation in Canada, one manufacturing site and an office/lab in Brazil and a Mexican legal entity.
The successful candidate must have broad and diverse knowledge of finance, accounting and treasury functions for North America. He/she will operate with minimal direction, taking functional direction from Elkem’s global CFO and local direction from the Americas Vice President. He/she will have responsibility for managing, developing, motivating, hiring employees and for ensuring that each location is compliant with finance and accounting requirements.
The Finance Director is responsible for resolving new or anticipated financial or accounting transactions, accounting standards or other reporting requirements that require research and resolution. He/she will be responsible for weaknesses or violations of accounting policies and procedures and for taking appropriate corrective action.
Some of the function’s workflow is routine, however the preparation and presentation of financial reports must be carefully reviewed to ensure that non-routine problems do not occur.
Other responsibilities include coordination of internal and external audit activities, financial forecasting and planning, development and maintenance of accounting procedures and controls, third party relationship management (banks, tax advisors, auditors, freight invoice processing). They will also establish and implement policies and procedures in order to safeguard assets and to ensure the proper recording of accounting transactions and events as they occur.
The position reports to the Americas region vice president and is a member of the Americas leadership team. As such, the incumbent is expected to contribute collectively with the regional management team to profitability and growth projects, supporting the delivery of the regional priorities.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience in finance or accounting.
- Prior management and leadership experience required.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices and the proper application of these principles and practices in the preparation of financial reports (GAAP, IFRS, FASB).
- Must have proficient financial skills, ability to analyze and understand complex financial documents in order to make recommendations to management and to utilize findings to participate in decision-making processes.
- Able to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints and can serve as a mentor.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Experience in an international environment preferred. Multicultural experience is a plus to allow for effective interaction among various global functions within the organization.
- Project management experience desired.
- Strong interpersonal, team and customer relationship building skills.
- Ability to analyze business opportunities for their impact on overall profitability and to lead the implementation of key actions and initiatives that lead to success in the organization.
- Knowledgeable of various computer-based systems (especially SAP) for preparing financial information.
- Must be organized, have proven planning and control skills.
- Experience in contract negotiation a plus.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally (~20%)
REPORTS TO: Bertrand Mollet
RECRUITER: Lisa Wheeler
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to NACareers@elkem.com and refer to the job title and number (Finance Director 2022-105) in the subject line.
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: Finance
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 28.02.2023
- Location: York, SC