US, York, SC HSSE Engineer 2021-5
We are seeking an experienced Health Safety Security and Environment (HSSE) Engineer to lead and support the Compliance Program and initiatives.
This position will be responsible for leading process safety analysis efforts, supporting the Management-of-Change review process, and developing and managing engineering projects to improve the working environments. This role will be responsible for managing Hazardous Waste, maintaining environmental permits through completion of audits, inspections, and reporting. The HSSE Engineer will lead internal regulatory audits, inspection of work areas, lead Root Cause Analysis and train team members on HSSE requirements and initiatives. The HSSE Engineer will recommend and support the implementation of actions to ensure that site activities are compliant with corporate, local, state and federal EHS regulations.
The HSSE Engineer will work with others to review new products, equipment, and processes for potential hazards and recommend modifications and actions for improvement. The HSSE Engineer will be knowledgeable of various regulations to be able to ensure compliance and to be able to lead and support activities for which the functions are responsible. This position will work independently, seeking guidance from the Site HSSE Manager for unique or complex situations. Additionally, this position will collaborate with other team members to identify and correct potential environmental, security, safety, and health hazards, develop safe standard work practices, and monitor conformance through safety and housekeeping inspections and audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical Engineering preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a chemical manufacturing environment or other related environment with primary job responsibilities related to Safety Engineering
- Experience working with chemical manufacturing processes, specifically as it relates to Process Safety Analysis and Process Hazard Analysis requirements of the OSHA PSM regulation.
- Knowledge of regulatory health, safety, environmental, and security requirements (OSHA, EPA, Homeland Security, etc.) applicable to the operation of a chemical manufacturing facility and Quality and HSSE Management systems such as RCMS, RC14001, ISO14001, ISO13485, cGMP, etc.
- Prior experience managing engineering projects.
- Lean Manufacturing concept and tools (i.e. Six Sigma experience or certification) desired.
- Strong organization and communications skills.
- Microsoft Office, SAP or similar systems and databases is desirable.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Travel required, both domestic and international (up to 10%)
Elkem will conduct a post-offer background check to confirm the information provided by candidates during the recruitment process. Additionally, a post-offer physical, including a substance screening, is required. Relevant candidates will be informed of this if it applies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disabled and if you are an individual with a disability, who requires an accommodation, please contact us.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to NACareers@Elkem.com. Please refer to the Job Title and Position Code (HSSE Engineer 2021-5) in the Subject line.
Note: We conduct background checks of candidates in our recruitment process.
About Elkem Silicones
Elkem Silicones has more than 3,500 employees dedicated to providing silicone solutions with a personal touch that deliver your potential. Elkem Silicones, a division of Elkem, is one of the world’s leading fully integrated silicone suppliers, operating 13 multi-functional manufacturing sites and 13 R&D centers around the globe. Based in Lyon, France, Elkem Silicones offers a full range of silicone technologies for diverse specialty markets including aerospace, automotive, construction, consumer goods, energy, healthcare, paper, personal care and textiles. www.silicones.elkem.com
About Elkem ASA
Founded in 1904, Elkem is one of the world's leading suppliers of silicon-based advanced materials with operations throughout the value chain from quartz to specialty silicones, as well as attractive market positions in specialty ferrosilicon alloys and carbon materials. Elkem is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Stock Exchange (ticker code: ELK) and is headquartered in Oslo. The company has more than 6,700 employees with 31 production sites and an extensive network of sales offices worldwide. In 2019 Elkem had revenues of NOK 22.7 billion. To learn more, please visit www.elkem.com
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: HSSE
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 31.05.2021
- Location: York, SC