US, York, SC I&E Technician 2022-80
In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for maintaining the various mechanical, electrical and control systems throughout both Elkem North American sites, under general direction of the Engineering Manager. The primary duty will be to calibrate and maintain process equipment and instrumentation while adhering to various ISO and GMP standards. In addition, the I&E Technician will be responsible for the field installation of control systems and components as part of capital installations and upgrades, investigating equipment failures and recommending actions to maintain site uptime and equipment reliability. A strong focus on procedures, documentation and validation will be required to maintain GMP compliance.
- Associates degree or higher in Industrial Maintenance
- 7+ Years manufacturing plant experience in controls and instrumentation
- Knowledge of automated panels, human machine interfaces, Process Logic Controllers (strong preference for Rockwell Automation products)
- Experience in plant instrument calibrations
- Experience in reading wire and logic diagrams
- Experience in industrial Ethernet applications and maintenance
- Ability to maintain industrial equipment including repairs and replacement to mechanical and electrical systems.
- Experience working in an ISO certified or GMP facility preferred
- Experience in machine safety
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
- Ability to stay current with latest technologies as it relates to controls system strategies and hardware
- Self-starter, capable of working with limited supervision
- Knowledge of OSHA Process Safety Management regulation and its’ impact on equipment design and maintenance is desired.
Elkem will conduct a post-offer background check to confirm the information provided by candidates during the recruitment process. Additionally, a post-offer physical, including a substance screening, is required. Relevant candidates will be informed of this if it applies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disabled and if you are an individual with a disability, who requires an accommodation, please contact us.
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: Engineering
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 30.11.2022
- Location: York, SC