US, York, SC Innovations Chemist Healthcare 2019-34
The incumbent in this position will be responsible for developing and evaluating silicone materials to meet Customer and Market needs focused on managing complex product developments and associated commercialization projects. The responsibilities associated with commercialization projects include leading cross-functional teams and facilitating cross-region collaboration depending on the scope of the project. The incumbent will conduct studies and carry out trials for research, development and continuous reliability of the products and formulations. The primary technical responsibilities will be to formulate silicone-based elastomers and adhesives and applying structure / property relationships to control adhesion and reinforcement properties. Key markets for this technology include medical devices, wound & scar care, orthotics & prosthetics, long term implantable, drug delivery etc.
Key activities will include physical and chemical testing, facilitating trials including analysis of statistical data, project management and safety.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry, Polymer or other Physical discipline, or related chemical experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in silicone technologies, specifically with demonstrated understanding of fundamental structure-property relationships of silicone filler interactions, filler treatments and adhesion properties.
- Good written, oral and listening communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to use these skills to develop working relationships with global internal and external customers.
- Ability to multitask and manage projects. Must have project management experience.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Software applications.
- Basic understanding of Regulatory affairs related to business applications.
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: R&I
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 31.12.2021
- Location: York, SC