US, York, SC Mechanical Engineer (2022-97)
The incumbent in this position will work under broad direction in the design, construction, installation, start-up and servicing of equipment systems used in the manufacture of silicone products. The individual will be expected to work closely with vendors and contractor personnel to ensure equipment is specified and installed correctly. Typical installations would include mixers, pumps, piping, and specialized process units for the processing of high viscosity silicones oils.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- 3-10 years related experience in a manufacturing, environment. Experience in chemical manufacturing a plus.
- AutoCad or equivalent CAD system experience required.
- Experience to design and implement new physical installations from conception to startup.
- Ability to manage small to medium capital projects through the use of Gantt charts, presentations, and reports. Prior supporting role in projects is desired.
- Experience providing technical support for equipment or process issues through direct involvement with plant personnel.
- Experience working with and involved in contractor oversight is helpful.
- Self-starter, capable of working with limited supervision.
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office tools.
Elkem will conduct a post-offer background check to confirm the information provided by candidates during the recruitment process. Additionally, a post-offer physical, including a substance screening, is required. Relevant candidates will be informed of this if it applies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disabled and if you are an individual with a disability, who requires an accommodation, please contact us.
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: Engineering
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 31.01.2023
- Location: York, SC