US, York, SC Off-Shift Maintenance Technician (2022-MT)
There is currently an opening for a Maintenance Technician in York, SC.
In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for the repair of facility and production equipment with an emphasis on preventive maintenance. Candidates will be responsible for maintaining mixers, reactors, pumps, homogenizers, heat exchangers, and other types of chemical process equipment. Incumbents will troubleshoot, repair and maintain mechanical systems daily, including rotating seals, gearboxes, belt drives, piping, pumps, and pneumatics. Candidates will be expected to use a wide variety of hand tools, power tools, lifting equipment, rigging, forklifts, articulated lifts or other equipment.
Incumbents will be responsible for documenting work activities through a computer-based work order system. Incumbents will follow procedures under our ISO 9000 certification and must have a strong adherence to safety rules and industry best practices.
Candidates for this position must be able to work on any shift, depending on company need.
- Minimum of High School degree or GED
- 0-5 years of experience in maintenance
- Must have a driver’s license in good standing
- Certified in operation of forklift, scissor lifts and cranes preferred
- Experience with electrical systems desired
- Basic welding and pipe fitting preferred
- Basic computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good math and reading skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and be able to meet other physical requirements of the position to include climbing, walking, standing.
Elkem will conduct a post-offer background check to confirm the information provided by candidates during the recruitment process. Additionally, a post-offer physical, including a substance screening, is required. Relevant candidates will be informed of this if it applies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disabled and if you are an individual with a disability, who requires an accommodation, please contact us.
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: Maintenance
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 31.07.2023
- Location: York, SC