US, York, SC Plant Manager - ESAS (2022-90)
Responsibly managing the execution of the operational mission in the ESAS site from RM procurement to FG deliveries to customers (HSE & Compliance, Quality, Operational Excellence, People Development), and ensuring compliance with all permitting and regulatory standards for this facility which is focused on Long Term implantable and pharmaceutical applications.
Directing and Executing with the ESAS managing team under perimeter along the given G&Os derived from the TOP 5 to achieve the required output volumes with the highest standard quality and the most efficient cost base at the right time for the customers, while targeting the site to run in full compliance with ELKEM internal and external, country specific regulatory requirements.
Indirect leadership of other functions for support of the deliverables of the plant is a key requirement for the plant manager
- B.S. degree in science, engineering or equivalent
- 15+ years of experience or equivalent of managing various teams in a manufacturing or operations environment, preferably in the chemical industry.
- Experience working in an international and multi-cultural environment preferred
- Proven ability to oversee the deployment of HSSE systems and protocols and ensure they comply with external regulatory requirements and the guidelines of Elkem corporate and division systems
- Solid and demonstrated capabilities in Continuous Improvement as well as LEAN, a working knowledge in the use and deployment of EBS is preferred
- Broad understanding in the use and implementation of Quality managements systems such as ISO900
RC14001 and/or ISO13485
- Experience overseeing multiple functions desired (such as operations, maintenance, engineering)
- Experience leading projects of increasing CAPEX value and complexity.
- Ability to motivate and deploy a work team to perform at world class levels.
- High level of technical knowledge of manufacturing equipment and processes and ability to assist subordinates in troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Experience leading Kaizen events and developing these skills of team members.
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing tools including 6S, SMED, 5-Why’s, PFMEA.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required. Knowledge of SAP software.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- English (fluent in speaking & writing)
Required behaviors and skills:
- Accountability & Responsibility
- Impact & Influence
- Effective Teambuilding
- Developing, mentoring & coaching others
- Advanced, agile communication style across all levels in the organization
- Change Management
- Customer Orientation
- Ethics & Values
REPORTS TO: Graham Berrill
RECRUITER: Lisa Wheeler
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to NACareers@elkem.com and refer to the job title and number (ESAS Plant Manager 2022-90) in the subject line.
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: Production
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 28.02.2023
- Location: ESAS Plant - York, SC