US, York, SC Process Engineering Lead (2023-022)
We are currently looking for someone who has demonstrated leadership skills in process engineering who will be leading a small team of engineers and working on scale-up and technology transfers, supporting strategic CAPEX projects and more.
In this entry level leadership role, the successful candidate will lead a Process Engineering team who is focused on Elastomers technologies and Emulsions and Compounds. He/she will be an activity coordinator or direct people manager depending on the experience of candidate. In this position, they will direct the support of stage-gate projects (scale-up and technology transfers), strategic CAPEX project support, process improvements, provide quality troubleshooting / improvements and work on operations support projects. It is possible that the incumbent could become Elkem Business Systems Research & Technology champion over time, supporting our work methodologies driving continual improvement.
Responsibilities include participation in new product development teams with a focus on scale-up and support of the industrial team by reviewing existing chemical processes and making recommendations for improvements as it relates to safety, quality and productivity. The person in this position will also review and make recommendations which will include specific equipment or control strategies, development of cost estimates and investigative results of new processes/techniques that would benefit the growth of Elkem Silicones. The individual must be an independent self-starter and extremely self-motivated to stay focused.
- BS in Engineering, Chemistry
- 5+ years related chemical or polymer manufacturing experience and knowledge of manufacturing practices, continuous improvement, equipment optimization, and efficiency measurement desired
- Experience with RTV-1 moisture cure silicone sealants and adhesives (or similar production process experience) preferred
- Experience working within cGMP environment strongly desired; ISO 13485 environment a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Design of Experiments software and statistical analysis techniques and tools.
- Prior team leadership experience desired from formal or informal leader roles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Focus on safe working practices in an industrial chemical environment
- Mandarin, Portuguese or French speaking a plus
Elkem will conduct a post-offer background check to confirm the information provided by candidates during the recruitment process. Additionally, a post-offer physical, including a substance screening, is required. Relevant candidates will be informed of this if it applies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disabled and if you are an individual with a disability, who requires an accommodation, please contact us.
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: Research & Technology
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 31.07.2023
- Location: York, SC