US, York, SC Production Engineer (2023-009)
We are currently looking for a Production Engineer at our newest York, SC location, our Elkem Silicones Advanced Specialties (ESAS) site, focused on manufacturing silicones for long term medical device use.
Elkem Silicones USA Corp. is York, SC Manufacturer of the year!
The incumbent in this position will focus a significant amount of their efforts in supporting new product validation and scale-up activities at our new ESAS facility. The candidate will work with Research and Technology (R&T) engineering personnel as needed to introduce and scale-up new products into the facility. They will also work across functional teams to identify/correct specific issues that are negatively impacting the manufacturing team’s ability to produce quality product right the first time. The Production Engineer will also be responsible for optimizing and improving existing processes, improving control strategies of existing processes, supporting the development/maintenance of manufacturing documentation and providing support to the site’s on-going process safety effort.
Primary functions of the job include providing support to the R&T function in the industrial validation and scale-up of new products, focusing on the elimination of waste from manufacturing operations, and developing a deep understanding of processes and equipment and using this knowledge to improve product quality as required to meet customer/regulatory requirements. The successful candidate will receive training in several new quality standards and will be required to ensure site compliance to ISO 13485 and cGMP regulations. There will be unique challenges associated with this activity and with meeting the demands of our customers from the medical industry.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry or an Engineering discipline required.
- Prior production or process engineering experience of 3-5 years in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the chemical industry.
- Independent, self-starter capable of working with limited supervision.
- Strong focus on safety and continuous improvement.
- Strong verbal, written, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of A3, CPM, 6S, SMED, TPM, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of SPC, SQC, silicone chemistry, and production processes desired.
- Knowledge of quality management systems including ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and cGMP regulations is desired.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disabled and if you are an individual with a disability, who requires an accommodation, please contact us.
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: Engineering
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 31.05.2023
- Location: ESAS Site, York, SC