US, York, SC Prospective Application Specialist (2023-018)
There is currently an opening for a Prospective Application Specialist, in York, SC.
Successful candidates will be motivated by delivering technical solutions and being part of the transformation of Healthcare Diagnostics. It is an exciting position that allows you to be hands-on in the lab, participate in transformational innovation and interact with global and local teams. If you think this is a position you may be interested in, we look forward to hearing from you.
Develop transformational technology to drive future business growth in Healthcare Diagnostics with specific focus on designing materials for use in making Microfluidics Devices. Guides the identification and synthesis of new molecules (organofunctional siloxanes). Formulates with the new molecules to achieve target performance properties. Supports identification of process paths for using the new materials in the preparation of Microfluidics Devices, including prototyping. Supports intellectual property and competitive intelligence assessments and strategic technical roadmap development.
- PhD in Chemistry, Polymers, Material Science, or Bio(medical) Engineering required.
- At least 1 – 3 years of prior experience in synthetic polymer science, healthcare, biomedical, diagnostics and/or microfluidics (preferred).
- Experience with multiple synthetic methods and fundamental understanding of structure-property relations.
- Strong competency in analytical characterization techniques. Functional testing and/or simulation of flow in microfluidics channels, preferred.
- Must be able to plan, execute methodical and efficient experiments.
- Proficient in data analysis and critical thinking, and problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrate knowledge to evaluate the interface of chemistry, materials, fluidics, part design and the deployment of assays.
- Creative, positive attitude, with ability to participate and lead interdisciplinary teams.
- Manage multiple tasks/projects concurrently.
- Good written, oral and listening communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to use these skills to develop working relationships and effectively interface within a cross-functional team environment.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Software applications.
- Awareness of basic Regulatory affairs related to business applications.
- Available for travel up to 10%.
Elkem will conduct a post-offer background check to confirm the information provided by candidates during the recruitment process. Additionally, a post-offer physical, including a substance screening, is required. Relevant candidates will be informed of this if it applies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disabled and if you are an individual with a disability, who requires an accommodation, please contact us.
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: Research & Technology
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 31.07.2023
- Location: York, SC