US, York, SC Purchasing Specialist 2022-13
This position is responsible for initiating purchasing projects for the purposes of cost savings, cost avoidances, improved efficiencies, and risk mitigation. They will be a key interface between purchasing and all other areas of the organization, both locally and globally. As this is an analytical role, the successful incumbent will be the analytical lead for RFI/RFP/RFQ process, which includes initiation, detailed analysis, and recommendation of the best value supplier. They will also be responsible for performance metric development and maintenance. As a key contact with the global purchasing team, this position will support efforts to ensure alignment between the US and other zones as they relate to purchasing activities.
- Bachelor’s degree, purchasing or materials management discipline preferred. If no degree, should have equivalent related experience of 5-7 years.
- 3-5 years purchasing, sourcing, planning and requisitioning or related experience. Experience specific to chemical purchasing is preferred.
- Experience with continuous improvement methodologies strongly preferred.
- Project management experience a plus.
- Systems knowledge of SAP or similar systems, BW data warehouse or other materials management systems is preferred.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office.
- Understanding of supply chain and global business practices
- Strong analytical, financial, and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented, with strong planning, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Prior team leadership or coordination experience preferred.
- Ability to develop productive working relationships at all levels of the organization, both domestic and global.
- Ability to travel periodically (10%).
Elkem will conduct a post-offer background check to confirm the information provided by candidates during the recruitment process. Additionally, a post-offer physical, including a substance screening, is required. Relevant candidates will be informed of this if it applies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disabled and if you are an individual with a disability, who requires an accommodation, please contact us.
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: Exempt
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 31.05.2022
- Location: York, SC