US, York, SC Quality Engineer 2022-50
We are seeking a quality engineer with IATF-16949 experience who is knowledgeable of automotive manufacturing as well as a working knowledge of VDA 6.
Successful candidates will be motivated by a fast-paced environment where business is growing and a role that will have a direct and immediate impact on our operations and sales. Additionally, if you have a passion for working in a chemical environment and meeting automotive customer expectations, this may be the role for you!
Our business is growing and in need of an experienced Engineer who will be responsible for providing direct support to all functions in developing and maintaining APQP and PPAP documentation to ensure compliance in support of our growing product line. This support includes creating Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Control Plans, designing and supporting gage R&R studies, coordinating root cause investigations, and verifying the product realization process through layered process audits to demonstrate that standardization and controls are in place to ensure quality products.
This role is highly technical in nature and requires a high degree of attention to detail. Having working knowledge of automotive and aerospace requirements as well as our internal processes is necessary. The successful candidate will be a point of contact with US and European customers and will interact with various auditors.
There will be an initial focus on process documentation and PPAPs and is accountable for ensuring that all related production meets documented requirements before product release. The Quality Engineer is directly responsible for all aspects of product release activities and will work with a minimal amount of supervision. In the course of performing this function, the Quality Engineer will audit both the manufacturing and quality team’s work.
This incumbent has the authority to formulate, affect, interpret, or implement management policies or operating practices to ensure that our products meet the requirements of our customers as well as those of related quality certification.
This position is responsible for the effectively implementing the appropriate sections if IATF 16949 and considered as the subject matter expert in all aspects of meeting customer expectations. In the course of satisfying this requirement, they have responsibility for conducting investigations when there are quality issues.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or a related field
- American Society of Quality (ASQ) Quality Engineer certification, IATF 16949 internal auditor certification (to be verified)
- At least 5 years of experience working as a quality engineer in a automotive manufacturing environment. Must have working knowledge of APQP and PPAP submission requirements.
- Working knowledge of MS Office package; advanced level of Excel
- Experience with Visio, Minitab and SharePoint preferred (or similar tools)
- Involvement as a participant on project teams
- Experience in a Lean/Continuous Improvement focused role.
- Self-starter, capable of working with limited supervision.
- Experienced with customer portal management
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams.
- Proven record using lean manufacturing tools to drive improvement including 5S, Total Productive Maintenance, Value Stream Mapping, SMED, Toyota A3, and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Excellent written, verbal, and analytical skills.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of change management and document control
- Travel <10%
Elkem will conduct a post-offer background check to confirm the information provided by candidates during the recruitment process. Additionally, a post-offer physical, including a substance screening, is required. Relevant candidates will be informed of this if it applies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disabled and if you are an individual with a disability, who requires an accommodation, please contact us.
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: Quality
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 30.09.2022
- Location: York, SC