US, York, SC Research Assistant (2022-22)
The Research Assistant assists with the development of new products, formulation and resolution with process issues using laboratory equipment and established testing methods. The assignments are generated by other Chemist and of limited to moderate scope and complexity. The tasks are hands-on, and lab orientated including sample preparation, material processing and characterization. The Research Assistant is expected to record data and note observations and proposed conclusions. Analysis is routine in nature and the candidate will be responsible for reporting any finding out of the norm to the Project Chemist.
The Research Assistant will be required to actively participate in site activities and demonstrate a commitment to helping the site achieve an incident free safety culture. This position has clearly defined objectives and processes which are directed by the supervisor. These duties require a general knowledge of related policies and procedures, and the successful candidate will possess the ability to work independently within the established guidelines.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of 2 years in a plant environment or laboratory testing or Associates Degree
- Basic knowledge in lab chemistry terminology and practices
- Problem solving and math skills
- Ability to analyze data and processes information
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with plant personnel
- Effective written and verbal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disabled and if you are an individual with a disability, who requires an accommodation, please contact us.
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: R&I
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 31.05.2022
- Location: York, SC