US, York, SC Technical Service, Release Coatings 2021-11
We are currently looking for a Technical Service Representative, with a focus on Silicone Release Coatings for paper and film, in York, SC.
Successful candidates will work with external and internal customers to deliver technical solutions with the personal touch. Are you an individual who likes to work on a team and be hands on working on the lab bench finding technical solutions? If so, we want to hear from you!
The incumbent in this position will provide essential technical support for our release coatings business. Key applications for this technology include silicone coatings on paper and film used in the label, tape, graphic arts, advanced composite, medical, hygiene, and food industries. The incumbent will work with other members of the Technical Service team and interact directly with current and potential customers to address market needs, lead internal investigations, support external trials, and identify new opportunities for business growth. Primary responsibilities include conducting laboratory experiments, evaluations and analyses, along with initiating and executing short term development projects. The position will provide regular opportunities to interact with other functions of the organization.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry, Polymers or Material Science required. Related chemical experience with a focus on silicone technology is preferred.
- At least 7 – 10 years of prior work experience in an industrial laboratory environment conducting hands-on product evaluation, development, and testing is required.
- Must be able to run tests, collect data and communicate research results.
- Creative, positive attitude, with ability to participate and lead interdisciplinary teams.
- Manage multiple tasks/projects concurrently.
- Good written, oral and listening communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to use these skills to develop working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Software applications.
- Awareness of basic Regulatory Affairs related to business applications.
- Available for travel up to 50%.
Elkem will conduct a post-offer background check to confirm the information provided by candidates during the recruitment process. Additionally, a post-offer physical, including a substance screening, is required. Relevant candidates will be informed of this if it applies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disabled and if you are an individual with a disability, who requires an accommodation, please contact us.
About Elkem Silicones
Elkem Silicones has more than 3,500 employees dedicated to providing silicone solutions with a personal touch that deliver your potential. Elkem Silicones, a division of Elkem, is one of the world’s leading fully integrated silicone suppliers, operating 13 multi-functional manufacturing sites and 13 R&D centers around the globe. Based in Lyon, France, Elkem Silicones offers a full range of silicone technologies for diverse specialty markets including aerospace, automotive, construction, consumer goods, energy, healthcare, paper, personal care and textiles. www.silicones.elkem.com
About Elkem ASA
Founded in 1904, Elkem is one of the world's leading suppliers of silicon-based advanced materials with operations throughout the value chain from quartz to specialty silicones, as well as attractive market positions in specialty ferrosilicon alloys and carbon materials. Elkem is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Stock Exchange (ticker code: ELK) and is headquartered in Oslo. The company has more than 6,700 employees with 31 production sites and an extensive network of sales offices worldwide. In 2019 Elkem had revenues of NOK 22.7 billion. To learn more, please visit www.elkem.com
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: Research & Development
- Working hours: Full-Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 15.08.2021
- Location: York, SC