US, York, SC Advanced R&I Chemist 2021-20
We are currently looking for an Advanced Research and Innovation Chemist in either York, SC or Camarillo, CA.
The incumbent in this position will be responsible for leading application development and technology assessment, as well as intellectual property strategy development for prioritized front-end programs and technology incubator projects. This position will be responsible for leading the technical efforts associated with the front-end of the innovation funnel including ideation, application development, technology assessment, open innovation and scoping of spin-off stage-gate projects. This role will be responsible for creating strategic roadmaps including application, technology options, external partner capabilities and implementing them through supported programs and projects as part of global team efforts. This role will be hands on in the lab, while also managing the projects and provide presentations to committees to ensure business support and effective communication to all stakeholders to get necessary resources and capex for projects.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science or other Physical Science discipline, or related chemical experience required. Advanced degree desired.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience working in Life Sciences, Electronics or eMobility applications required. Experience with elastomeric materials required and with silicone elastomers and polymers desired.
- Experience with materials characterization methods and analysis to establish structure / property relationships
- Prior experience managing projects on both a local and global scale required. Program management and experience with Technology Readiness Level methodology desired.
- Experience working with external partners, universities or suppliers including management of confidential information and intellectual property rights.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Software applications
- Excellent written, oral and listening communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to use these skills to develop working relationships with internal and external customers
- Detail oriented and highly organized, able to prioritize and manage multiple priorities
- Basic understanding of Regulatory affairs, related to business applications
- Position will focus on Power & Mobility and Life Sciences related applications.
- Some travel will be required (occasionally global), expected to be 20% or less
Elkem will conduct a post-offer background check to confirm the information provided by candidates during the recruitment process. Additionally, a post-offer physical, including a substance screening, is required. Relevant candidates will be informed of this if it applies.
- Region: North America
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: R&I
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 31.01.2022
- Location: York, SC