US/Brazil, Home Office, Market Development Manager (2023-005)
We are currently looking for a Market Development Manager (MDM) focused on our Home and Personal Care (HPC) markets. The successful candidate will manage multiple, related market projects in a coordinated way, achieving benefits that could not occur if the projects were handled separately. We seek a senior level practitioner dedicated to advancing the HPC market’s global strategic goals, able to set the team up for success. This role is focused on market opportunities that are 0–2-year horizon and facilitates the transfer and support of longer-term opportunities to appropriate channels.
The HPC MDM organizes OEM customer programs and activities in accordance with Market strategy and goals including direct collaboration with customers and vendors. He/she will develop and maintain strong relationships with the internal sales team, utilizing area expertise and network to help coach, mentor, collaborate and support sales growth in HPC. They will develop partnerships (customer, channel, related technologies) to further the business objectives of the organization and will support our Team Selling approach. This position will be responsible for developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the HPC Market. He/she will apply our global strategy locally. This includes the management and development of the opportunity pipeline to optimize penetration into new/emerging markets and drive profitable growth. This also includes prioritization of development needs in line with strategy, prioritization of utilization of internal resources, alignment of the sales and Research and Technology organization in support of market development strategy, leadership of cross functional teams to deliver expected results.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, chemistry or related field.
- Approximately 5-10 years of Home and Personal Care silicone industry experience, including sales, as well as applications experience.
- Knowledge of the relevant end-use applications and the relationship between materials, properties and applications.
- Working understanding of customers’ technical requirements and match to an existing solution or direct the development of a solution to meet needs if business case supports.
- Experience analyzing business opportunities for their impact on overall profitability.
- Basic knowledge of financial processes.
- Able to travel (approx. 30%) internationally (primarily between the US and Brazil)
- Demonstrated inquisitive nature, motivated by problem solving to deliver customer needs and identify new business opportunities.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Active listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to interact among various levels and functions within the organization, both domestically and internationally.
- Expertise in team collaboration as well as project management.
- Strong interpersonal, team and customer relationship building skills with an ability to influence others in decision making.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
Elkem will conduct a post-offer background check to confirm the information provided by candidates during the recruitment process. Additionally, a post-offer physical, including a substance screening, is required. Relevant candidates will be informed of this if it applies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disabled and if you are an individual with a disability, who requires an accommodation, please contact us.
- Division: Silicones
- Job type: Marketing
- Working hours: Full Time
- Working days:
- Application deadline: 30.04.2023
- Location: Home Office in US or Brazil