Senior Procurement Manager
We are investing in new industrial projects and are searching for senior procurement management personnel.
The Corporate Supply Chain (CSC) function holds the overall global responsibility for outlining and maintaining Elkem's procurement and logistics strategies and policies. The focus is to improve Elkem's total procurement cost by securing cost optimal, safe and sustainable deliverables for the company's procurement and logistics services. The function is working internationally across all divisions in the company, requiring a high level of coordination in the implementation of Elkem's Procurement and Supply Chain Strategy.
Areas of responsibility:
- Lead or participate in project procurement teams to ensure capital investment projects meet or exceed targets.
- Contribute to procurement governance in capital investment projects for monthly follow-up and results.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of capital investment project models, processes, standards, contract templates and routines.
- Special responsibility for continuous improvement of systems, methodologies and practice in industrial investment projects.
- Participate in and support other CSC focus areas for systematics, measurements and follow-up.
- Participate in, support and develop communication platforms and conferencing within area of responsibility.
- Contribute to and develop capital investment project procurement key performance indicators' reporting.
Qualifications required for the position:
- Higher education within technical / economics / finance / industrial economics.
- Expertise in international industrial plant project procurement.
- Experienced in analytic tools, Excel/MS Office and ERP systems (preferably SAP).
- Experienced in estimation and risk management tools.
- Fluent in English and Norwegian or another Scandinavian language, both written and oral.
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation and structured.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong commercial and negotiation skills and understanding of procurement processes.
- Change agent attitude, driving changes and improvements within project management.
The position reports to VP Corporate Procurement, Corporate Supply Chain, and is part of the management team in Corporate Procurement. Location is Oslo/Kristiansand, other location to be agreed.
- Region: Vest-Agder, Oslo
- Job type: Permanent
- Working hours: Full-time
- Working days: Day
- Application deadline: 05.06.2019
- Location: Oslo or Kristiansand
Office: +47 988 24 433