Technical customer service professional (Europe)
Elkem Foundry Products Division is looking for an experienced result oriented professional for it’s European Technical Customer Service (TCS).
This position is for a proactive good team-player who enjoys to:
- support customers, developing customized solutions for the improvement and development of Cast Iron Metallurgy and Castings.
- develop new solutions and products for the new and continuously evolving needs of the cast iron market.
The role is carried out in a team and directly covering responsibilities for the assigned European areas. It is supported by modern equipment and facilities in Norway, that comprise chemical analytical, material characterization and melting laboratories that enable us to have a deep capacity of investigation of irons of our customers and high capacity of controlled development of new products, solutions and processes.
The customer focused department carries out solutions and products development on processes, alloys and additives for the cast iron industry, and act in a team with our R&D and sales force.
Area of Responsibility:
- Technical customer support. Through visits, technical meetings and seminars, audits, improvements anddevelopment of process and product, up to medium-long term Customers’ joint projects.
- Project Management and Execution for Customers Improvement and development joint-projects
- Project Management and Execution for Internal projects, in cooperation with internal and/or externalcustomers, for the development of new Solutions and Products
- Support sales organizations for the definition and implementation of the best solutions for the Customers
- Support European Production Plants
- Support Internal continuous improvement
- Highly contribute to the innovation process of the division and help the division to achieve its strategictargets
Qualifications required for the position:
- Degree in metallurgy, chemistry or mechanics
- Large Technical background on Iron foundry Metallurgy
- Large Technical background on Cast Iron production processes and their control
- Large Technical background on Cast Iron Castings Defects, their analysis and solution
- Ability and aptitude to read Customer’s processes and understand Customer’s needs
- Ability and aptitude to analyze problems and develop customized solutions, fully achieving Customer targets
- Advanced skills on production processes and chemical, metallographic and thermal analysis of the varioustypes of cast iron (GI, CGI, DI, SSF, SiMo, ADI)
- Advanced understanding of the use of alloys and additives in the cast iron process
- Strong communication skills and Customer orientation
- Ability to provide precise and efficient deliveries
- Fluent in English.
The position will report to the European TCS Manager and will work from home or, possibly, in one of the Elkem offices if the opportunity exists.
- Job type: Permanent
- Working hours: Full-time
- Working days: Day
- Application deadline: 30.06.2020
Mobile: +47 91138522