Process/automation engineer - battery materials
Do you want to develop the leading edge technology solutions for sustainable production of battery cell materials?
We have a great opportunity in Norway to be part of a team that will build a new business area within battery materials in Elkem Carbon. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and managing processes and technology within the production process for anode materials for lithium-ion battery cells.
A key aspect of the position is to coordinate internal and external resources to drive projects within process and technology development to successful completion within a tight time schedule. You will work closely with equipment suppliers and external technology partners.
You will be responsible for developing state of the art systems for data collection, handling and analysis as well as automation of processes.
A high degree of interpersonal contact, internally and externally, as well as planning, analysis and proactive contact with suppliers and subcontractors is required.
Areas of responsibility
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the overall production process
- Manufacturing Execution System (MES), Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), data collection and automation
- Optimization of process units with focus on data flow, measurements, and automation
- Process responsible for process units
- Initiate and follow up studies and experiments in cooperation with internal and external resources
- Follow up suppliers and subcontractors
- Be updated on the technology status in the field of process automation, ‑instrumentation, ‑measurements, and data handling
Qualifications required for the position
- Master’s Degree within the field of process automation with excellent skills and experience in several of the topics:
- Industrial process measurements
- Automation of industrial processes
- Data collection and processing
- Analysis of experimental data
- LIMS and MES
- Process simulation
- Process development
- Planning and execution of experiments in various scales
- Powder technology
- 5 to 10 years of industrial work experience
- Able to find solutions to complex technical problems
- Inquisitive nature and motivated by problem solving in order to find innovative solutions to complex process and technology challenges
- Enjoy working in a high pace environment and be able to deliver high quality work within a tight time schedule
- Self-driven and a good team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with all levels of personnel within and outside the company, in an international setting
- Effective presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English and Norwegian (preferably)
The position reports to Senior Process Manager and is located in Kristiansand. The employee must expect some international travelling.
- Region: Agder
- Job type: Permanent
- Working hours: Full-time
- Working days: Day
- Application deadline: 31.07.2020
- Location: Kristiansand
Mobile: +47 450 30 717