- 2 reduction furnaces
- 94 employees
- Production of 18 grades of inoculants and speciality ferrosilicon products
- Annual capacity of 32.000 mt
- 1 reduction furnace and proprietary chemical purification facility
- 101 employees
- Production of Silgrain® and Elkem Microsilica®
- Annual capacity of 40.000 mt Silgrain®
The plant was started in 1928 and is located in the village of Svelgen, in the Sogn og Fjordane region on the west coast of Norway. The surrounding mountain lakes and ice-free fjord provide ideal conditions for renewable hydropower and reliable shipping conditions.
During the 90 years of operation, many different products and processes have been developed, showing the company's ability to be innovative and adapt its processes to market demands.
Today we manufacture metallurgic silicon-based products for the world market. Silgrain®, for example, is a unique product from our proprietary chemical purification technology and is used in the electronic and solar industry.
For the Foundry Products division, Elkem Bremanger has specialised in the manufacture of specialty inoculants and ferrosilicon such as Superseed®; one of the most powerful inoculants used in the iron foundry industry.