Speak up if you have concerns
The Elkem Code of Conduct reflects our commitment to integrity in everything we do. If something is not right, we would like to know about it and take corrective action.
Our Compliance Reporting System, “Speak up”, provides all external stakeholders with a dedicated communication channel for reporting potential non-compliance with our Code of Conduct.
The channel is available in most Elkem languages, including English, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish and Italian. You can report using any key Elkem language, including English, Chinese, Russian, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Norwegian, Icelandic, Korean, Malay, Thai, Japanese, Turkish, and several others. The selection of languages is representative of all Elkem units and our value chain, including suppliers, agents and intermediaries.
Access the Speak up policy to learn more on what to report, how to report, and how your report will be handled.
IMPORTANT: If your message is not related to compliance with the Elkem Code of Conduct but a grievance related to our plants, projects or other business activities worldwide, please report through our Grievance mechanism. If your message is not related to compliance or a grievance (your question is related to topics such as products and services, vacancies, interest in becoming a supplier or distributor of Elkem), please use our contact form available here: CONTACT US
If you are an employee of Elkem, please report through our intranet pages.
How to report a compliance concern
- Access the Speak up channel by pressing the Speak up button.
- You can leave a written message or call a toll-free number.
- You can choose to remain anonymous. You will receive an individual case number. Please copy the number and keep it safe.
- This case number is your personal key to the Compliance Reporting System and to the report you have filed. It allows you to track the progress of your case and to provide additional information.
- Only report issues you know or believe to be truthful. Never report in bad faith.
- Provide as much detail (who, what, when, how) and evidence (documents, screenshots, names of witnesses) as possible. If your report is too general, we may not be able to investigate it.
What happens after I send my report?
- We will acknowledge receipt within 7 working days.
- Each report is studied carefully. We will open a case if your report is credible and includes enough evidence. The investigation will be led by our Corporate Compliance Officer.
- The investigation will be handled with confidentiality and we will only involve people who need to be involved.
- When the investigation is concluded, we will decide if a breach has taken place. You will be informed accordingly.