SIDISTAR® is an amorphous (non-crystalline) material, composed of ultrafine spheres of silicon dioxide. It is produced in a gas-phase condensation multi-step process. Elkem has specifically developed SIDISTAR® for polymer applications.The median particle size is about 0,15 micron (150 nm), with a low surface area of BET 20 m2/g.
Important application areas
- Sidistar improving flame retardancy (rubber, plastics)
- Sidistar improving plate out (plastics)
- Sidistar improving dynamic fatigue
- Sidistar improving processing (extrusion)
- Sidistar improving (fibre) dispersion