Stable, consistent and reusable liner release coatings for making composites
Silicone coatings facilitate composites manufacturing
Elkem Silicones Silcolease™ products provide release coatings to improve the processing of sophisticated composite material parts in a wide range of industries
The growing use of composites in our lives offers manufacturers the capability to produce parts that are higher in strength and lighter in weight. The composites industry continues to expand in new and different raw materials and drive innovation for reducing weights, decreasing costs and improving fuel efficiencies. Wind turbine blades, for example, can be bigger, more efficient and provide more energy, airliners can weigh less and be more fuel efficient, tennis racquets can swing faster and absorb more impact. The use of composites continues to find new applications in our world in the most diverse applications.
Elkem Silicones offers a broad range of Silcolease™ silicone release coatings to support the fabrication of composite materials used in transportation, aerospace, energy, construction, electrical and electronic, medical, marine and consumer goods markets. These coating systems are designed to provide stable and consistent release during the formation of prepreg and carbon fiber materials with specific formulations to enhance the release of polyurethane, epoxy, bismaleimide, or phenolic systems.
What are the key factors for efficient silicone release systems for use in the composites industry?
- Reliable and consistent release force
- Low coefficient of friction to reduce rub or drag during removal
- Low extractable silicone formulations to minimize cross contamination or silicone migration
- Excellent adhesion and anchorage to super-calendared kraft or glassine papers and films
- High temperature resistance
- High/low release differentials for two-sided applications
Why partner with Elkem Silicones for optimized silicone release coating systems?
- Our global technical experts will assist you with selecting the right system for your application.
- We offer training, troubleshooting, and technical assistance when you need it most.
- Our knowledge and experience will allow you to get your products to market faster.
- We work with you to deliver Silicone solutions with a personal touch.
Elkem Silicones Product Technologies
Silcolease™ products have been developed for more than 45 years offering silicone release coatings in the widest range of formats:
- Solventless heat curable platinum catalyzed systems
- Emulsion based heat curable platinum & tin catalyzed systems
- Solvent based heat curable platinum & tin catalyzed systems
- Solventless UV light curable coatings
Release coating specialists to help you!
To learn more about how to select the best release system for your requirements, please contact our Technical Service team for the personal touch in selecting what works best for your application.