Medical grade silicones utilized in life-saving and life-enhancing medical technologies
Medical & Pharmaceutical Grade Silicones for Healthcare applications
Medical grade silicones have long been used in Healthcare, Medical and Pharmaceutical applications as a result of their biocompatibility, chemical inertness, hypo-allergenicity, high performance physical properties and stability across a wide range of environmental conditions.
Our global fully integrated silicone manufacturing infrastructure, extensive range of medical grade silicone materials, capability to customize solutions, and 65+ years of silicone formulation expertise, make us the partner of choice for Medical Technology OEMs and CDMOs.
Learn more about the benefits of our materials used in a wide array of Medical Technology market segments:
Biocompatible silicone technologies meeting the strict medical and regulatory requirements of Medical devices used in an operating room, ranging from disposable valves and catheters to long-term implants.
Comfortable, lightweight and durable medical grade silicones for the manufacturing of medical devices like orthopedic inserts & prosthetic liners
Safe silicone technologies for in-vitro diagnostics and wearable devices manufacturing and attachment to the body
Discover our range of Pharmaceutical grade silicones for the manufacturing and delivery of pharmaceutical ingredients, as well as our Research and Development capabilities in partnership with pharma companies.
Soft Skin Adhesives for a gentle and atraumatic adhesion to skin, promoting healing of hard-to-heal wounds but also providing greater quality of life to patients and consumers.
We understand how important performance and processability is when producing high quality materials for the healthcare market. The excellent mechanical properties of the Silbione™ range of medical grade silicones make them ideal for the manufacturing of premium medical components and devices.
Our range of Silbione™ technologies include:
- Liquid silicone rubber (LSR) including general purpose LSRs, biomedical LSRs utilized in long-term implant applications and LSR Select™ for enhanced liquid injection molding
- High consistency rubber (HCR) including general purpose HCRs for extrusion and molding and biomedical HCRs utilized in long-term implant applications
- Silicone Adhesives for high strength bonding of medical device parts including general purpose and biomedical adhesives utilized in long-term implant applications
- Silicone Skin Adhesives for gentle, non-irritating adhesion to skin
- Room Temperature Vulcanizing (RTV) biocompatible, low viscosity silicones curing at room temperature into soft and durable elastomers
- Silicone Gels very soft silicone elastomers for the manufacturing of cushions and breast forms
- Silicone Fluids providing lubrication and hydrophobic properties
Our Silbione™ brand of products offers the highest quality medical grade silicone solutions, produced in a clean environment, and supported by biocompatibility testing to meet your application needs.
At Elkem Silicones, we are dedicated people located around the globe, committed to your success. Whether you are looking for a product recommendation, for customized silicone solutions, or for regulatory support, we have the people in place when and where you need them. If you have a need for medical grade silicone, contact us and our experts will be there to help.