Notification 15 January 2024
Items for the agenda:
Shareholders have the right to ask for items included in the agenda of the annual general meeting, provided that each such item is forwarded in writing to the Company, together with a draft resolution or a justification as to why the item should be included. Shareholders who wish to request information from board members, the CEO or who wish to raise issues at the annual general meeting, are requested to submit their proposals here.
Any request should preferably be filed with the company within 1 March 2024 to get a thorough preparation by the board of directors or at the latest within 20 March 2024 to be included in the agenda for the annual general meeting.
Nominations for the board of directors:
Shareholders are entitled to propose candidates for the board of directors and for the nomination committee. Proposals may be submitted by sending an e-mail to the chairman of the nomination committee, see below. Proposals must be received by 1 March 2024 to be considered for the election at Elkem’s annual general meeting.
Proposals must contain the following information:
- Full name of the candidate;
- Contact details of the candidate;
- Grounds for the proposal, including information about relevant experience, professional qualifications and other relevant information for their candidature; and
- The proposing person’s full name, contact information and the proposing person’s shareholding in Elkem ASA.
According the instructions for the nomination committee, the nomination of candidates for election as members of the board of directors (including the chairperson) shall inter alia take into account the following criteria:
- The board of directors shall be composed in such a way as to maintain the interests of the shareholders and the company’s need for competence and diversity; and
- The board of directors must function well as a collegiate body.
The nomination committee consists of Sverre S. Tysland (chairman), Dachuan Dong and Anne Grethe Dalane. Proposals for candidates are to be sent to the chairman at e-mail address: [email protected].