Technical trainee programme
Can you see yourself as part of an innovative global company, creating sustainable solutions for tomorrow? Elkem's 2-year trainee programme for engineers emphasises professional development and personal growth through challenging work assignments and projects, personal mentoring and an individual development plan.
When and where do I apply?
We normally hire 4-5 trainees every autumn semester. Start-up is the subsequent year. You can register your application at Vacancies. Application deadline: 21 October 2018.
Who are we looking for?
If the following is a description of you, do not hesitate to apply.
- Master of Science with great academic results within:
- Materials technology, mechanical engineering, electro, energy & environment, cybernetics, nanotechnology, mechatronics, physics and chemical engineering
- Excellent cooperator
- Accountable initiator
- Flexible when it comes to tasks and mobility
Our trainee programme in short
- 3 outplacements at Elkem’s plants and units
- Local mentor and support by trainee coordinator
- Trainee gatherings: start-up, plant visits, skiing in Hafjell, Iceland (every other year), closing
- Training: onboarding, on the job training, internal and external courses
- Individual development plan
- Events at universities
If you would like our trainees’ perspective on the programme, visit our trainee blog.