Safe and efficient pastry food molds.
Food grade silicone for making molds
Food molding with silicones is the baker's best bet for the greatest precision control
Silicones have been used for several decades for making molds for pastries and sweets: cakes, decorative pieces, chocolate, marzipan, hard and soft candies, etc. They have proven to be safe for use in industrial production, artisanal businesses (bakeries, restaurants, caterers, etc.), as well as for home cooking and baking. At Elkem Silicones, we pride ourselves in having highly controlled processes from the very start and in having established expertise in this area. We are particularly committed to ensuring that these products are compliant with food contact regulations because they are an essential part of our everyday lives.
Our concern for quality and safety has enabled us to become industry leaders in two areas:
- Sourcing, because we are a fully integrated manufacturer with involvement in our upstream production of silicates, we have all the components in the raw materials that go into our silicone ingredients and formulations. This supply integration gives us a more detailed understanding and certainty of our chemical purity versus silicone formulators who assemble ingredients whose chemical properties they may not completely have traced.
- Certification, because we can ensure that our products and their contents all along the supply chain fully comply with international and national food grade regulations and policies. This is especially relevant in Europe where each country has its own set of standards and admissible products for food contact. In addition, we manufacture FDA-compliant formulations for the US market. Our customers can therefore count on us to substantiate the content of our products so that they comply with the strictest food safety rules wherever they are.
Our product lines for food molding applications include:
- Bluesil RTV 3428 A&B, a viscous liquid for industrial and artisanal molding of pastry decorations and other sweets, especially designed for efficient processing on dedicated equipment, formulated and certified for each product category and country.
- Bluesil RTV 3536 P A&B, a paste designed for home or artisanal applications, to be used in hand molding and in kitchens without industrial equipment.
- Bluesil RTV 3460 A&B, a harder version of Bluesil RTV 3428 A&B, specially designed to be compliant with US FDA standards.
Our expert teams are available worldwide to provide you with advice and tailor-made formulations and can assist you in complying with regulatory requirements in your industry and country. Our goal: to work closely with you to make the best and most attractive food molds.
Click here to see our products
Available Products in Europe
Available Products in North America
|Product||Durometer||Tensile Strength||Tear Strength||Elongation||Pot Life||Demolding||Mix Ratio||Viscosity||Color|
|BLUESIL RTV 3040 U1 A+B||-||-||-||-||-||-||10:1||40 000||Translucent|
|with CATA 3038||36 ShA||900 psi||100 ppi||340%||2H||-||-||-||Clear to straw yellow|
|with CATA 3040||38 ShA||920 psi||120 ppi||340%||2H||-||-||-||Clear to straw yellow|
|with CATA 3045||45 ShA||915 psi||130 ppi||205%||2H||-||-||-||Clear to straw yellow|
|BLUESIL RTV 3460 A+B||58 ShA||850 psi||140 ppi||175%||210 min||-||10:1||65 000||Beige|
|BLUESIL RTV 3621 A+B||20 Sha||580 psi||86 ppi||500%||1H||-||1:1||6 000||Translucent|