We define competence development as "professional and personal development of each employee in line with company values, goals and vision." And further, how we can "retain and develop critical skills in the organisation over the long term."
Dual responsibility for learning and development
- What expectations do you have to us?
- What do you do to ensure constant development?
- Dialogue with your manager, e.g. through the annual development discussion & personal development plan
Elkem's competence model
- 10% development through course activities
- 70% development through daily interaction with supervisor, colleagues, mentors, and improvement work
- 20% development through taking on new challenges
We aspire to accommodate our employees' needs as far as possible by offering different types of training and development enhancing activities.
We want our company to be characterised by dynamic leadership, which has a good foothold in and knowledge about our core processes, and skills to manage the development of products, processes and people within sound safety and environmental limits. Methods and principles in the Elkem Business System (EBS), provide guidelines and direction for how management practice shall be exercised in our organisation.Knowledge about the processing industry´s special conditions in Norway and abroad, knowledge of technical and economic conditions to drive our processes optimally, and how to make sure that employees thrive and perform and get to use their knowledge and skills to the maximum, are essential management skills in Elkem.