- About Elkem
- Our Worldwide Presence
- Elkem Silicones Brasil Ltda. - Factory
Elkem Brasil Ltda. - Factory
- Approximately 32 employees covering functions like EHS, EBS, Production, Quality, Supply Chain, Maintenance, Technical Assistance and Engineering.
- Officially founded in September 2016 as a transfer and modernization of the factory that was previously located in Santo André, state of São Paulo.
- The site is located in the street: Dona Francisca, 8300 – North Industrial Zone, Joinville - SC, 89219-600 – Perini Business Park. The area is approximately 8 thousand square meters.
- Joinville is a municipality located in the north of the state of Santa Catarina – in the south region of Brazil.
Joinville is one site of our Elkem Silicones group, where we operate and manufacture Mix and Fix products, antifoam emulsion and oils – vinyl and PDMS focused in applications as automotive parts, cropcare and crop nutrition antifoams and adjuvants, home&personal care ingredients, adhesives, beyond others.
Did you know?
Silicon metal is present as silica in sand. Chemistry allows us to transform it into silicones through various production and transformation phases. Silicone polymer have unique properties such as high and low temperature stability, low superficial tension, biocompatibility, etc. Those inherent properties make silicones a special polymer used in multiple applications in an enormous variety of market segments as medical, airspace, automotive, construction, agriculture, pul&paper, adhesives, cosmetics, dental, beyond others.
As a signatory to the Responsible Care Global Charter our company will actively strengthen the Responsible Care initiative committed to:
- Safeguarding People and the Environment
- Strengthening Chemicals Management Systems
- Engaging Stakeholders
- Contributing to Sustainability
- Continuous improvement
Our plants’ activities are actively involved in the economic and social activities of the region. Through our partnerships, trainings, and sustainable development policy, we maintain close relations, and an ongoing dialogue with the local stakeholders. As part of our policy of transparency we are also committed to informing stakeholders as quickly as possible in the event of significant safety or environmental incident in accordance with the industry’s “real-time” communication policy.
We are a company committed to security programs and continuous improvement management for our employees. We are certified since 2019 as Great Place to work, which is based on the management processes of the Elkem Business System (EBS) and the FOCUS program. EBS is a system of continuous improvement that aims to empower people; and the FOCUS program focuses on the zero accident philosophy in the Elkem group.
Take your business to the next level by partnering-up with a global leading material manufacturer.