Elkem Silicones Joinville
The plant is located in the city of Joinville, in the southern region of Brazil.
Construction of the site began in 2016 following the decision to transfer the silicones production lines from Rhodia's plant in the city of Santo André to Joinville.
The core products at Elkem Joinville plant are vinyl polymers, 47V polymers, RTU rubbers, anti-foaming emulsions and compounds.
Elkem Joinville products
The most common silicone oils are linear polysiloxane compounds, that orient in spiral chains, which easily glide and slip over one another.
The Joinville plant has been continuously reducing its impact on the environment by implementing projects such as:
- Installation of solar panels for electricity generation
- Rainwater collection for use in the production process
- Reuse of demineralized water production waste to reduce water waste.
- 5 reactors & a Mix & Fix workshop
- 60 employees
- Annual capacity of 10.800 mt