Would you like to develop together with us?
Elkem is one of the world’s leading companies for environmentally responsible production of materials. Its principal products are silicon, silicones, ferrosilicon, foundry alloys, carbon materials and microsilica. We have a strong focus on EHS, continuous improvement and always look for ways to further develop our processes and reduce carbon footprint. We want to contribute to a sustainable future by providing advanced silicones and carbon solutions.
What can you expect if you join our team?
- Innovative and technology-intensive environment
- Challenging tasks & projects, high degree of responsibility
- Good backing, coaching and support
- Personal and professional development, e.g. leadership, project management, operational & technical training programs, including annual development discussion with leader
- International work environment, cultural learning and global business understanding
- Team work, with high degree of involvement, accountability and passion for continuous improvement, i.e. Elkem Business System (EBS)
- Strong focus on safe and environmentally responsible production of materials
Health and safety – our work is based on a zero-harm philosophy
We do not accept that injuries or illnesses are unavoidable. Our statistics show that it is possible to run operations with zero injuries. Injury prevention is emphasised to the same degree as production, quality, sales, delivery times, efficiency and cost control.
Innovation and R&D – 100 years of innovation and pioneering advances
Ever since Sam Eyde established Elkem in 1904 our main activity has been to develop new products, markets and production methods. An ambitious innovation strategy in combination with a strong focus on future markets has been the foundation for Elkem’s development.
Sustainability – a central part of our business strategy
Elkem is among the world’s most environmentally friendly manufacturers of silicon-based materials. Our products are a very important part of the solution for the low carbon society that is necessary to combat climate change - at the same time as we understand that we have some sustainability challenges that we must manage.